Data analytics is a vital tool for today’s top performing HR departments. Edgeworth Analytics CEO Dr. John Johnson joined Brandon Laws, host of the “Transform Your Workplace” podcast, to discuss effective strategies for using data to make more informed decisions, a framework for data analysis for human resource professionals, common data pitfalls to avoid, and skills to become a smarter consumer of data.
On the episode, John dives into several topics for sound data analysis, including:
- Using people skills to compliment the data analysis;
- the importance of framing questions you are trying to answer;
- locating the right datasets at your disposal to inform the problem at hand;
- using data as a tool to get a total picture of the situation at hand;
- approaching the issue of correlation versus causation and strategies for teasing out a causal relationship; and
- the nature of lagging data and considerations for determining whether the data will be able to meaningful inform the future.
About the Podcast:
The Transform Your Workplace Podcast covers everything you need to build a great workplace. Industry experts, thought-leaders, HR experts and entrepreneurs join the show to discuss big ideas that can transform organizations. Each week the show covers a new topic, ranging from HR, communication and culture to business growth, leadership and workplace trends.
Learn more about Xenium HR at xeniumhr.com